What is CPA?
This simply stands for “Cost Per Action.”
CPA is one of the popular ways of making money on the internet. It’s marketing is very simple: you get paid when someone clicks on your affiliate link and completes an action.
That action could be:
- Providing an email address
- Signing up for a free trial of a product
- Downloading a mobile app
- Requesting a quote
CPA is easier because you’ll earn money even if a product is not sold. Unlike affiliate marketing where somebody must purchase a product for you to receive commissions.
CPA model works on lead generation. Many big companies are willing to pay big commissions for generating targeted leads.
Your job is to just get them a lead, they will do rest of the work for generating a sale from those leads.
Suitable For –
1. People who love to talk, write, explain and have the ability to persuade.
2. Best for people who already own a blog or website with some daily traffic.
Skills Required –
1. Ability to promote CPA affiliate links using social media, videos, forum marketing, paid ads, etc.
2. Ability to persuade and convince people through right argument and explanation.
Time Required For Starting CPA Marketing –
To start CPA marketing and earn commissions you need find an offer to promote, then get accepted by a CPA network.
You can find an offer almost instantly but getting accepted into a CPA network might take a week.
But, once accepted you can instantly start promoting an offer of your wish.
Both these sites work as search engines for finding CPA offers. They aggregate offers from all the reputed CPA networks available worldwide.
2. Select your perfect offer – If you already own a blog in any particular niche then select an offer related to that niche. Make sure it is relevant to your blog and audience.
For e.g. If your blog talks about android app gaming, then a CPA offer which pays you when somebody installs an android game app would be perfect for you.
3. Getting accepted – Believe or not but getting accepted into CPA networks has become a huge stumbling block for most of the marketers. Most of the CPA networks nowadays implement tough scrutiny to ensure that only high quality and legitimate marketers get access to their offers. This is to prevent any fraud or any illegitimate activity.
Following are few tips which will help you to get in:
Be honest – CPA networks filter out scammers and not the legitimate people.
Know you offer – If you already know what offer you want to promote then it’s a great plus point.
Know your traffic sources – While filling out your application you’ll be asked about your traffic sources. So you must know how people are going to reach your offer.
How To Monetize –
Commissions for CPA offers usually range from $0.10 to $10 per action. In some niches such as Insurance, Attorney, Antivirus Software it can go up to $50 per action.
Imagine if you could get 10 people to download a trial version of an antivirus software which pays you $50 per install, you’ll earn $500 without even selling anything.