We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Internal Control/Compliance Officer
- The Internal control officer/Compliance will be responsible for increasing the operational efficiency of organizations, detecting and eliminating fraud and ensuring compliance with relevant regulations.
- Ensure that line managers are appropriately defining and operating their controls to cover Norrenberger from the major risks it is exposed to.
- Perform second line control activities to ensure verification and challenge on a regular basis.
- Ensure homogeneous reporting on Internal Control framework is delivered to Management to address deficiencies and decide relevant action plans.
- Monitor the implementation of the action plans.
- Provide managers and management with the relevant Internal Control methodological support.
- Ensure key internal controls are defined, implemented, documented, assessed and monitored in front of material risks.
- Ensure internal control deliverables are consistent within and at the required level of quality.
- Deliver adequate and timely reporting on Internal Control framework and control deficiencies in line with requirements to ensure appropriate escalation and adequate action plans.
- Ensure appropriate level of communication is maintained on Internal Control matters to support the framework and ensure appropriate ownership and accountabilities from management and managers.
- Develop adequate training material on the internal control objectives, approach and methodology.
- Document and ensure internal control documentation/policy is understood and agreed by management, control functions, auditors and regulators.
- Conduct and supervise regular internal audits and reviews to assess the compliance of departments and individual employees.
- Address specific training and development needs to fill compliance gaps and ensure the organization is up to the set standard.
- Rendering weekly AML/CFT returns to SEC and NFIU.
- Ensure compliance of SEC and CBN rules and regulations
- Management of Regulatory compliance matrix dashboard to track, evaluate and ensure the implementation of regulatory directives.
- Interfacing with regulators on behalf of the company.
- Monitoring the performance of the compliance framework and related activities on a continual basis.
- Conduct monthly review of bank reconciliation statements for all existing bank accounts and monthly call over/review of transactions focusing on appropriate posting of transactions and ensuring compliance with statutory deductions.
- B.Sc in Finance, Accounting
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience within the capital market sector.
- Must be a SEC sponsored Individual.
- Relevant Accounting Professional Certification is a bonus.
Application Closing Date
30th October, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application and CV to: email@example.com using the “Job title” as subject of the email.