We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Male Medical Doctor
Location: Onna, Uyo-Akwa Ibom
- We urgently requires the services of qualified and experienced candidate to fill the position of a Medical Doctor.
Job Description & Responsibilities
- The candidate would provide high quality medical care by examining patients and treating diseases.
- The candidate will also undertake tasks aiming for prevention and promotion of healthy habits.
- The candidate must be very knowledgeable in regards to diseases, epidemiology and other medical conditions so it can interpret symptoms and diagnose conditions.
- The role can be demanding so a great deal of patience and physical endurance is required.
- Conduct routine check-ups to patients to assess their health condition and discover possible issues.
- Give appropriate advice for healthy habits (diet, hygiene etc.) and preventative actions to promote overall health.
- Conduct examinations to ill patients and evaluate symptoms to determine their condition.
- Ask intuitive questions to discover causes of illness.
- Reach an informed diagnosis based on scientific knowledge and the patient’s medical history.
- Prescribe and interpret lab tests to obtain more information for underlying infections or abnormalities.
- Prescribe medications or drugs and provide comprehensive instructions for administration.
- Collaborate with other physicians, physician assistants and nurses to form a high performing medical team.
- Examine and provide treatments to injuries and refer patients to other physicians when needed (ophthalmologists, orthopedists, neurologists etc.).
- Keep records of patients’ diseases, operations or other significant information (e.g. allergic episodes).
- Cultivate a climate of trust and compassion for patients.
- Remain up-to-speed with developments and best practices in medicine.
Qualification & Requirements
- Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery (MBBS).
- Minimum of (2-5) years Post NYSC experience in a health industry or other related health institution with current practicing license.
- Must be registered with MDCN.
- Computer literate: Proficient in Microsoft Office Package.
- Broad knowledge of common medication, side effects and contraindications.
- In-depth knowledge of legal medical guidelines and medicine best practices.
- Respect for patients’ confidentiality.
- Excellent oral and written communication in English.
Application Closing Date
15th October, 2019.