Green Card holders in the united states enjoy lots of the very same rights of US taxpayers. Usually, green card holders may dwell in the united states so long as they need and then can do the job for virtually any employee. But, US citizenship permits some significant additional advantages which needs to be considered.
Here are some great reasons Why You Need to consider getting a US citizen.
1. Obviously , just citizens in this nation can vote. Voting is the simplest means to influence how the nation is conducted. If you wish to vote, you have to be a citizen.
2. The only way to ensure you will forever be able to stay in the united states would be to naturalize.
3. Deportation – If you’re convicted of a crime -there’s a chance of being deported. As soon as you become a taxpayer, with rare exceptions, then you keep your citizenship even in the event that you crash into criminal issues.
4. Government advantages And in the past several decades, there’s been increasingly discussion of earning additional sorts of people benefits only available to citizens. The only means to make certain this won’t be a dilemma is to be a naturalized US citizen.
5. Immigration for household members – US citizens receive priority treatment in regards to earning relatives. Citizens over 21 decades old can host family members without awaiting a queue to get a visa to become available. The exact same is true for partners of US citizens and small children of US citizens.
- DV2021 Green Card Lottery Requirements 2019: How To Apply
- How To Apply For Canada Visa Lottery: 2019/2020 Application Form
6. Federal work – Certain kinds of tasks with government agencies need US citizenship. This is very true for work in the energy and defense sectors.
7. Running for political office – Lots of kinds of elected positions within this state require the officeholder to be a US citizen.
8. Tax effects – US citizens and permanent residents aren’t always treated the exact same for taxation purposes. This is very true for real estate taxation.
9. – Even though green card holders may legally contribute money to campaigns if they are living in the united states, it isn’t apparent that green card holders Residing overseas – even temporary – can do this.