What is Flippa.com?
Flippa.com is an online marketplace for selling and buying websites.
Suitable For –
People who like to develop websites.
Skills Required –
In-depth knowledge of WordPress platform and website creation.
Time Required For Creating A Website –
Depends on the expertise of the developer in website creation.
1. Choose a topic you are passionate about. You need to be passionate about the subject your website focuses on. If you launch a website about something that you don’t care about, you will lose interest very quickly and inevitably stop working on it.
2. Think about your long-term business model.To make your website successful you should do a lot of research beforehand.
Try to find the answers to the following questions:
- Who are your direct competitors?
- How do your competitors make money?
- How will your website make money?
- How can you make your website stand out from others?
- How long will it take to monetize your website?
3. Choose a domain name that is relevant to your topic and appeals to your target audience.
A good domain name is an essential part of branding your blog. Choose a .COM as your domain extension because it looks more professional.
4. Choose a reliable paid host like Hostgator, Bluehost or anyone that might suit your needs.
5. You need to make your website’s design and layout look very professional. Believe it or not but first-time visitors will make a judgment about your blog within first 10 seconds of loading, so you need to make sure that your website’s design appeals to them and they like it.
- How To Make Money Online Using A Niche Website
- Blogging – Top Tips For Making Money Via Your Blog Website
- Tops Secrets For Making Money Online Via Publishing Kindle eBooks On Amazon
How To Monetize –
1. Sign up and register your website on Flippa.com. Flippa works on bidding model, the highest bidder gets the ownership of the website.
2. Set the bid price of your website 10 times greater than the current monthly income of your site. For example, if your site is earning $500 per month then you can set the basic selling bid price of your site to at least $5000.
3. Start the auction and wait for bids. People will start bidding for purchasing your site. Once you receive the bid that satisfies your target selling price, then finalize the deal with the bidder.
4. Flippa will manage all the payment and other technical stuff for you and you’ll receive your commissions via your selected payment method.
On Flippa you can sell digital assets or businesses, however there are some things that we do not allow to list for sale on Flippa.
Please see this guide for what is allowed and what is not allowed on Flippa. If you have any questions about anything in this article, pease contact us as we are happy to help.
What is the best type of business to purchase?
Businesses come in all shapes and sizes.
First of all, there are a number of different business models – SaaS, e-commerce, content/ advertising etc. Are any better than another?
Next, businesses operate in different industry verticals – automotive, fashion, Home and garden etc. Is one industry more profitable than another?
Businesses can operate in many countries – should you consider a business that only operates in a single country Vs one with multiple locations?