The Africa Initiative for Governance (AIG) Scholarships Programme is targeted at graduates between the ages of 25 and 35, some of whom may have work experience. The will be exceptionally intelligent graduates who have excelled academically as well as in other areas of their lives.
Application Deadline: 23rd September 2019
Offered Annually? Yes till 2022
Eligible Countries: Nigeria and Ghana
To Be Taken At (Country): Blavatnik School of Government (BSG), University of Oxford, UK
Field of Study: Master of Public Policy
About the Award: Every year, Africa Initiative for Governance (AIG) will fund five scholarships for outstanding individuals from Nigeria and Ghana to pursue the Master of Public Policy degree at the Blavatnik School of Government (BSG), University of Oxford. AIG Scholars will be expected, upon graduation, to return to their home country and apply their learning experience as change agents in their country’s public sector.
- Be a citizen of Nigeria or Ghana
- Be between the ages of 25 and 35 years (must not be 36 years old by December 31, 2019)
- Have a first-class or second-class upper undergraduate degree with honours (or equivalent international qualifications), as a minimum, in any discipline. For applicants with a degree from the USA, the minimum GPA sought is 3.7 out of 4.0
- Be preferably top 10% of graduating class (First, Second or Master’s Degree) – evidence to be provided
- Provide evidence of game-changing leadership and resultant impact
- Show skills and interests outside of academics (evidence to be provided)
- Academic and analytical excellence
- Strong commitment to public service
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities and resultant impact
- Impeccable moral character
Number of Awards: 5
Value of Award: The AIG Scholarships are fully funded covering fees, accommodation and living expenses, does not cover travel or visa expenses however.
Duration of Program: 1 year
How to Apply: 2020/21 AIG Scholarships Application Window is now open – APPLY HERE