Job Title: Procurement
Officer Job Id: PO6362
Job Type: Full Time
Location: Nigeria Lagos
Category: Local Procurement
Last application date: 24/3/2019
- To administer elements of the purchasing activity from material reacquisition to complete delivery to the company store.
- Maintains accurate and detailed records of all orders placed and transactions up to the receipt of goods.
- Compiles information and records to prepare purchase orders for procurement of material or equipment
An opportunity to be part of a high-performance team that ensures APM Terminals is the most efficient, safe and profitable terminals in the region.
• Working with partners, shareholders and other stakeholders.
• Developing roles and responsibilities for a key terminal for APM Terminals in the region. Key responsibilities
• Find reliable sources to supply goods and services
• Contact suppliers to obtain information on price, quality and delivery capabilities for goods and services required.
• Estimate values according to the knowledge of market price, checking previous item prices and quotations and preparing comparison sheet for approval.
• Determine method of procurement such as direct purchase or bid.
• Place orders for purchases and ensure proper followup for timely delivery.
• Procure capital items/consumables in accordance with company policy.
• Maintain procurement records such as items or services purchased costs, delivery, product quality or performance.
• Discuss defective or unacceptable goods or services with users, vendors and others to determine the source of the problem and take corrective action.
• Co-ordinate for all Imports including getting all necessary documents for customs clearing liaising with clearing agent for customs clearing and handing over goods to stores section.
• Review requisitions to determine proper pricing and quality control
• Conduct/prepare periodic market survey/reports for price comparison
We are looking for
• Bachelor/Master’s degree holder
• Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Excel
• Good working knowledge of IFS software will be an added advantage
• Fluent spoken and written English
• Possess excellent organizational skills, very detail-oriented and great at handling multiple tasks simultaneously
• Good networking, interpersonal, teamwork and communication skills.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should please visit jobsearch.maersk.com. to apply